The global awareness and drive toward reducing our carbon footprint on the planet has opened the doors to a host of new ‘green’ building materials, products and ideas.
Our knowledge and experience in the utilisation of sustainable products include the likes of:
- rammed earth, straw bales, earth bags, gabion retaining walls, natural clay floors, lime plaster and mortar, structural insulated timber panels, dekriet ceilings
- engineered wood/mass timber which includes, cross-laminated timber (CLT), glue-laminated beams (Glulam), laminated veneer lumber (LVL), nail-laminated timber (NLT), dowel-laminated timber (DLT), bamboo.
- recycled materials
- green concrete – making use of various waste materials to greatly reduce the cement content in concrete.
Sustainable ideas and drives include:
- material selection with a focus on those which can be grown in abundance
- construction waste management
- usage of natural products which are easily sourced with low to zero carbon emission
- attention to material efficiency by volumetric reduction of existing carbon unfriendly products
- using the structural elements as thermal energy banks and for ducting chilled and warm transportation
The future of buildings, their sustainability and their environmental impact is going to change the landscape of the industry as we know it. We are focused on keeping abreast of, and pioneering the use of the latest products, materials and methods.